Welcome to rooting section of Moto G second generation in Allsolution.
Dear All first you need to Unlock your device’s Bootloader without it its not possible to devices such as Motorola,Sony,HTC etc.
WARNING: UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY.PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader will Wipe/ factory reset your device, and will delete all personal data from your device such as apps, photos, messages, and settings.
YOU MUST USE PC THERE IS NO OTHER METHOD TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER. THIS IS THE BEST…
INSTRUCTIONS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER :
- Make sure to take a backup of your entire device data.
- Download the OR Download the
- Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop.
- Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
- Open Command Prompt on androidsdk/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here)
- Connect your Phone to PC
- Type this in the CMD prompt window – fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
- Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
- Now go to the Motorola .Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a “REQUEST UNLOCK KEY” button will appear at the bottom of page.
- To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
- Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
- Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)
- Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEYNOTE: In above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email. Then hit enter and the unlocking process should begin. Wait for a while and soon you’ll see ‘Bootloader Unlocked’ warning on your Moto G(2nd Gen).To relock the bootloader:Go to Fastboot and give the command fastboot oem lock
STEPS FOR ROOTING THE DEVICE:
1> Download the SuperSu v2.39 betaand copy it to your internal memory.
2> Boot your phone into bootloader mode (press and hold vol up, vol down and power followed by switching off the device and release buttons).
3> Choose recovery and you may get into TWRP recovery.Install the SuperSU zip.
4> Reboot system.
I hope it helps…